Purpose of this Position: The Integration Support Specialist - Mobile Communications will support customer installations and upgrades of the McLeod LoadMaster Symphony Mobile Communications and interfaces. This includes working with the customer and integration vendor partners to coordinate implementation of these products, setup/installation of the modules, and training the customer. The Specialist will provide support to customers and work with Engagement Managers, Account Managers, Business Analysts, and Programmers as necessary for modifications to the product to meet the clients’ needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Install, test and train Mobile Communications applications and interfaces for McLeod Software’s largest strategic accounts.
- Work with internal groups, customers and trading partners through project life-cycle to answer questions, make recommendations, test and provide Mobile Communications Support.
- Consult with internal and external customers to discuss and resolve deficiencies, discuss possible modifications, and train on enhancements to the Mobile Communications applications and interfaces.
- Assist with installation of Mobile Communications applications and interfaces for new project roll outs, upgrades, new releases of fuel related software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Mobile Communication application and interface issues escalated from customer support and other departments.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot the support issues relating to Mobile Communications applications and interfaces.
- Assist internal Ancillary group with Mobile Communications applications and interfaces installs, testing and training.
- Review Mobile Communications applications and interface log files, transaction reports and recovery entries via database tools to resolve any outstanding errors and identify both internal and external training opportunities.
- Train new hires on processes and procedures.
- Train customers and business prospects at Annual Users Conference.
- Ability to put together Statement of Work for approval
- Occasional Travel to train Customers onsite as proved by management.
- Work with customers to obtain specifications and requirements for modifications or product enhancements to be used by the Mobile Communications Programmers for modifications to new or existing implementations in compliance with SDLC.
- A technical based associates degree or coding bootcamp and/or equivalent technical work experience
- Preferred knowledge of SQL
- Two years’ experience providing customer software and hardware support
- Experience in a customer support/technical support role preferred
- Previous experience training customers or end-users
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a passion for service
- High degree problem-solving skills required
- Time management and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25% as approved by management
- Ability to work occasional nights / weekends as required for upgrades
- Entry of time in Raptor by end of business day
- Work order/project task closed at completion
- PMSTATUS comment entered to show current status of project. Copy comments to time entries for tasks worked on
- Resolution notes added to work orders at completion showing how issue was resolved as well as any scripts run
- All comments and time entries should use correct spelling and punctuation, complete sentences, and professional language as they appear on customer billing and reports
- On multi-task projects, only one task should be open and actively worked on at a time. (Allows PM and all other internal people quick identification on which task is being worked on)
- Verify that planned start and finish dates are entered on each task
- Queue should be empty before 5pm. All customers should receive a phone call identifying coordinator name, issue identified and planned start date of request same day
- General Admin time should not exceed one hour per day
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience. 2+ years experience providing customer software and hardware support. Experience in a customer support/technical support role preferred.
Since 1985, McLeod Software has provided powerful transportation management and trucking software solutions to the trucking industry. These solutions, developed entirely by our company, are comprehensive and support integration with a broad array of complimentary logistics products.
We are the leader when it comes to software for trucking dispatch operations management, freight brokerage management, fleet management, document imaging, workflow, EDI, and business process automation solutions for trucking, freight brokerage, third party logistics, and shipper companies in the United States.
With an established base of more than 1,200 active customers throughout North America, McLeod Software is dedicated solely to the transportation industry. This focus means we have a deep understanding of the needs and intricate details involved in carrier, broker, and freight management businesses of all types.
McLeod Software owns our national headquarters building in Birmingham, Alabama, and a training facility in Downers Grove, Illinois. We employ more than 650 professionals.
McLeod Software does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and we participate in E-Verify.